Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I have my books and my poetry to protect me

I borrowed out some books from the library today, some of them to do with home decor which makes me want to redecorate the whole house. I also got a book on how to make handbags, which I will try to make. The 'In Bloom' book is very good, with chapters on all sorts of floral styles like feminine, exotic and vintage. The 'Doing Up Old Junk' is a little amateur-ish - a little too folk art for my taste. And with all my junk, a book on storage is very good, at least in theory. I don't seem to be able to put any of it into practice. All my uni notebooks and text books that need to be put away now that I've graduated are currently living on the kitchen bench, and there's an ever-growing collection of books on the floor in the lounge room.

And while I may try to think I'm a country floral person, who can live in simple white with pinks and blues, I am most clearly a retro floral person (see collection). I need 10 different patterns happening at once with clashing colours and an eclectic mix of furniture. Nothing I own matches and retro allows for this, and even makes the brown curtains I've collected look good. One day I may even have my own space where all these things shoved in the cupboard can actually be used. You see, the buttom cupboard of the wall unit has become a treasure trove of dinnerware that I'm going to use in my own house, one day. I dream of a kitchen with open shelves to display my plates and cup hooks to hang mugs from.

I still haven't done any craft work, which I will blame on being still without the use of my left thumb. Maybe tomorrow I will finish cutting out pieces to make the coasters, and possibly rearrange my bedroom. Or at least make the bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home