Saturday, May 06, 2006

Where I'm From...

I found this template, "Where I'm From", so decided to do it. I also like it so much that I'm going to give it to Mum and Grandma for Mother's Day next Sunday.

Where I'm From...
by Melissa Mason


I am from summer days at the beach,
From grazed knees and Bandaids.
I am from a home of love,
Of a mother and daughter.
I am from the frangipani and the hibiscus that bloom in the heat.
I am from barbecue dinners and long-winded stories of the past,
From Grandma and Poppy and my mum.
I am from games of Rummikin and Grandma’s roast,
From cracked knuckles and a dimpled smile.
I am from football and photo albums.
I am from seven grandchildren,
From “Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my good time girl”.
I am from Royal Dalton and Red Door perfume,
From Santa and Mrs Claus, from cat scratches and Corgis.
I am from the seashore,
From stubbornness and temper, from tight hugs and lipstick kisses.
I am from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home