Thursday, May 18, 2006

Cloudy. The sky is grey and white and cloudy.

It has rained for the past three days and it's starting to feel very wintery. I was caught between the above, "The sky is a hazy shade of winter", and "Hey sunshine, I haven't seen you in a long time" for the title of this post. It seems it rains alot where Simon & Garfunkel are from too.

I had my trial yesterday at Eckersley's. It went okay, though I'm pretty sure I'm just thinking about it too much and making myself believe I didn't like it or it didn't go well. It was scary because I knew absolutely nothing and there is so much to know! I helped one man find spray varnish for his beer coaster and that was easy enough because I knew what spray varnish was and it said good for paper on the can. I also learnt how to use the cash register and eftpos machine and had to ring a few customers to tell them that their paints were now in the store. The worst part of the whole day was walking from there back to the shopping centre to catch the bus in the rain with three blisters on my feet. Ouch! My pretty pink (and suede!) shoes didn't like getting wet and decided to punish me.

My new sewing machine is playing up. It seems to be working alright now but the other day it was missing stitches and sometimes just plain not stitching at all. If it does it again I am taking it back. But then I will have no sewing machine!


I am now looking for a pattern to make an apron. Just a simple one. I have two patterns in my own books, but one is for kids and the other says to trace around your old apron. I don't have an old apron. But now that I'm looking online I'm finding all these fancy ones that I'll never be able to make but have to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home