Friday, July 14, 2006

Hooray for Headbands™ and Bitty Booties™

In looking for new blogs to spend my time browsing yesterday, I found Heather Bailey's blog (HELLOmynameisHeather) and was completely bowled over, not only by the blog's design but also by it's cute photos and content. As if that wasn't enough, she also offers two free patterns for sewing baby booties and headbands. So since the moment I finished at her blog, I have been sewing both. The above red booties, sans decoration so far, are for my baby cousin who arrives in October. As we don't know the babies sex (but apparently Vicki is carrying low, as opposed to how she was carrying Fergus, and Grandma and Poppy think therefore it's a girl) I chose the only unisex colour felt I had. I want to make lemon ones, or orange, and put them with a striped matching Bonds jumpsuit (I love Baby Bonds).

And this is the headband that resulted from Heather's headband pattern. I love the tie at the back and how it disguises the elastic. They're so easy and quick to make that I also made a pink stripey one, though I'm not the biggest pink person when it comes to dressing. The pink one was actually easier to make because the black and orange fabric doesn't iron! I couldn't iron it flat, but eventually, after applying much pressure, it worked. Guess what all the girls in my family will be getting for their birthdays (except Kate, whose birthday is today and only got some ex-rental videos). Plus now I can make headbands to match outfits, and they fit my head! For some reason headbands never fit me, the plastic ones and the fabric ones. But this is fantastic. I strongly encourage you to visit Heather.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! Love the headband! And, wow, thanks for all of the kind compliments - glad to hear you're having so much fun with the patterns. Also, there are Flickr groups for each of those patterns if you'd like to add your photos to them! It's a great place for inspiration too!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/hoorayforheadbands/
and
http://www.flickr.com/groups/bittybooties/

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home